Ron Stauffer is a “web and marketing guy,” and the founder of Lieder Digital. With over 16 years of experience in the industry, he started his first web design company in 2008. Since that time, he has focused on building websites, creating a strong overall web presence for brands, then creating and implementing detailed marketing plans. This often includes using strategies and tools such as search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click ads (PPC), social media marketing, email newsletter campaigns, landing pages, web traffic analysis, blogging and content marketing.
He’s helped his clients earn national media attention through public relations efforts. His clients have been featured in NBC National News, U.S. News & World Report, Angie’s List Magazine, Colorado Builder Forum, Realtor.com, Builder Magazine, AmEx Open Forum, the Journal of Light Construction, Builder & Developer Magazine, Cape Cod Magazine, HowStuffWorks.com, the Colorado Springs Business Journal, the Propane Education and Research Council, and many more.
In addition to running his own company, Ron has also worked in-house as a demand generation manager for a venture-backed software startup based in Canada, and as the marketing director for the Pikes Peak region’s oldest and largest digital agency. This blend of work experience as an entrepreneur and as part of a larger team has given him a broad base of skills to draw from, including teamwork, project management, communication, and the ability to sell projects, and also deliver them… on time.
If you spend any time with Ron, you’ll quickly learn that he cares a lot about speaking in plain English and being honest even when writing awkward bios in the third person, like this one. He’s not a fan of college degrees, vanity metrics, or other bragging rights that are only tangentially related to creating business success. You will never hear Ron refer to himself as an “expert,” or “guru,” or many of the similar spurious titles people in the web business give themselves. Instead, he’s just an internet marketing guy whose personal motto is “data wins arguments.” This is the driving force behind the decisions he makes both for his own business and for clients. Rather than debating whether a certain approach may or may not work, you’ll often hear him say things like “Let’s try it, and see what the data tells us.”
Born and raised near the Bay Area in California, Ron moved to Colorado as a teen, where he lived for the next 20 years. He currently lives in Arizona, but comes back to Colorado on a quarterly basis to meet with prospects and clients. You can often find him running or swimming, and occasionally taking SCUBA diving trips, or volunteering at various Meetups for web professionals.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Storytelling – Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Associate Degree – Pikes Peak Community College
- Certificate of Excellence, Mastery of AP Style Writing, Metropolitan State University of Denver
- 40 Under 40 – “Rising Star,” Colorado Springs Business Journal (2013)
- Google – AdWords Qualified
- Google – Analytics Platform Principles
- Google – Digital Analytics Fundamentals
- Apple – Apple Certified Associate
- Hubspot – Inbound Marketing Certified Professional
- Toastmasters International – Competent Communicator
- Rackspace – Cloud University
- Ron Voyage! – A travel podcast.
- Micron – A podcast about life lessons, learning, success, and failure.
- Work From Home Like A Boss! – This is a course taught on Udemy about how best to work from home (pandemic or not!)